Titus Bible Study Guide
This article contains a Bible Study guide and free resource for lessons on the subject of Bible Study Books of the Bible including this article on Titus Bible Study. This page which covers Titus Bible Study is suitable for those requiring an outline for Titus Bible Study. The facts and information provide an outline for Titus Bible Study guide by chapter and verse and the purpose of this book of the Bible. This lesson allows the student to become acquainted with the important content of the verses and chapters of this Book of the Bible. Another feature in this guide is the provision of questions for Bible study and topics for discussion. Much of the content of this section of 'Bible Study Books of the Bible' is taken from the The Bible Book by Book by J.B. Tidwell and is an ideal resource for use in Bible Study groups conducting Titus Bible Study.
Titus Bible Study - The Author
We do not know much of the work of Titus. But from Gal. 2:1-5; 2 Cor. 2:12-13; 7:2-16, and Titus 1:5 and 3:12 we learn: (1) that he was a Gentile whom Paul carried to Jerusalem, (2) that by the liberty of the gospel the Jerusalem council did not require him to be circumcised. (3) that he a capable and an energetic missionary, (4) that Paul had left him in Crete to finish the work which he had begun there.
Titus Bible Study - The Book
The book is written to counsel Titus concerning the work Paul had left him to do (1:5). It contains: (1) the qualifications of the presbyters to be selected; (2) the method of dealing with false teachings; (3) instructions to the different classes of the church; (4) exhortations to Titus himself.
Titus Bible Study - Date
Probably written from Macedonia, A. D. 66.
Titus Bible Study - Analysis
I. Qualifications and Duties of Bishops or Pastors, 1:5 end.
1. The qualifications and duties, 5-9.
2. Reasons for needing such officers, 10 end.
II. Instruction in Practical Godliness, 2:1-3:11.
1. Proper conduct for the different classes and its basis, Chapter 2.
2. Proper conduct in the different life relations, 3:1-11.
Titus Bible Study - For Study and Discussion
(1) Qualifications of presbyters 1:5-10.
(2) Lofty moral ideals for all Christians 2:1-15.
(3) Savior and salvation used seven times.
(4) Good works or good things, the keyword of the epistles and used seven times.
(5) Sound doctrine occurs seven times in this form or as sound in the faith, uncorruption in doctrine, sound speech or doctrine of God.
(6) Sober-minded occurring six times, at least in thought. These last three constitute the Epistle's idea of real godliness.
Titus Bible Study - A Free Christian Bible Study Resource
We hope that this Titus Bible Study article will provide useful facts, information and ideas for those following a Bible Study plan. All articles together with tools, activities, aids and materials and are designed to be used by an individual or a Christian Bible study group or adults taking a Bible Study course or Biblical degree. All information on this Titus Bible Study page is free to be used as an educational Christian Bible Study resource.
Titus Bible Study