1 Timothy Bible Study Guide
This article contains a Bible Study guide and free resource for lessons on the subject of Bible Study Books of the Bible including this article on 1 Timothy Bible Study. This page which covers 1 Timothy Bible Study is suitable for those requiring an outline for 1 Timothy Bible Study. The facts and information provide an outline for 1 Timothy Bible Study guide by chapter and verse and the purpose of this book of the Bible. This lesson allows the student to become acquainted with the important content of the verses and chapters of this Book of the Bible. Another feature in this guide is the provision of questions for Bible study and topics for discussion. Much of the content of this section of 'Bible Study Books of the Bible' is taken from the The Bible Book by Book by J.B. Tidwell and is an ideal resource for use in Bible Study groups conducting 1 Timothy Bible Study.
2 Timothy Bible Study
1 Timothy Bible Study - Timothy
He was a native of Lycaonia. His father was a Greek, but his mother and grandmother were Jews, 2 Tim. 1:5. He was taught the scriptures from his very youth, 2 Tim. 3:15, and was probably converted during Paul's first visit to Lystra, Acts 14:8-20. He was ordained as an evangelist 1 Tim. 4:14; 2 Tim. 1:6, and, after Paul's second visit to Lystra. he spent most of his time with Paul, Acts 16:1. He did much valuable service for Paul, and was greatly esteemed by him. Acts 17:14; 18:5; 20:4; Rom. 16:21; 1 Cor. 4:17; 16:10. His name is associated with Paul in writing a number of letters, 2 Cor. 1:1; Phil. 1:1; Col. 1:1. He was pastor at Ephesus and while there received these letters, 1 Tim. 1:3-4. Paul desired to have him with him when death came, 2 Tim. 4:9; 13, 21.
1 Timothy Bible Study - First Timothy
This epistle was written while Timothy was pastor at Ephesus, probably between A. D. 64 and 66. Its purpose was to instruct Timothy with regard to his pastoral duties. It, therefore, reflects the condition of the church and especially the errors which he would correct or against which he wished to warn his "true child in the faith."
1 Timothy Bible Study - Analysis
I. The True Teachings of the Gospel, 1:3 end.
1. Gnostic teachings and the true purpose of the law, 3-11.
2. Paul's salvation. 12-17.
3. Further warnings against false teachers, 18 end.
II. Public Worship. Chapter 2.
1. Prayer, 1-7.
2. Conduct of men and women in church assemblies, 8 end.
III. Church Officers. Chapter 3.
1. A bishop or pastor, 1-7.
2. Deacons and deaconesses. 8-13.
3. A personal word, 14 end.
IV. Pastoral Duties, 4:1-6:2.
1. As to the true doctrine, Chapter 4.
2. Toward the various classes of the church, 5:1-20.
3. Concerning himself, 5:21 end.
4. In teaching slaves and their masters, 6:1-2.
V. Final Warnings and Exhortations, 6:3 end.
1. Against false teachers, 3-10.
2. To be truly godly, 11-16.
3. To teach the rich aright, 17-19.
4. To be true to his charge, 20 end.
1 Timothy Bible Study - For Study and Discussion
1 Timothy Bible Study - Timothy
(1) False teachings, 1:3-11; 4:1-8; 6:20-21.
(2) The kind of man a pastor should be, 4:12-5:2.
(3) The kind of men to select for church officers, 3:1-13. (Fifteen qualifications of a pastor and seven of a deacon).
(4) Church government and services of worship, 2:1, 2, 8; 3:14, 15.
(5) The word's doctrine or teaching, godliness and faith meaning doctrine.
1 Timothy Bible Study - A Free Christian Bible Study Resource
We hope that this 1 Timothy Bible Study article will provide useful facts, information and ideas for those following a Bible Study plan. All articles together with tools, activities, aids and materials and are designed to be used by an individual or a Christian Bible study group or adults taking a Bible Study course or Biblical degree. All information on this 1 Timothy Bible Study page is free to be used as an educational Christian Bible Study resource.
1 Timothy Bible Study