Zephaniah Bible Study Guide
This article contains a Bible Study guide and free resource for lessons on the subject of Bible Study Books of the Bible including this article on Zephaniah Bible Study. This page which covers Zephaniah Bible Study is suitable for those requiring an outline for Zephaniah Bible Study. The facts and information provide an outline for Zephaniah Bible Study guide by chapter and verse and the purpose of this book of the Bible. This lesson allows the student to become acquainted with the important content of the verses and chapters of this Book of the Bible. Another feature in this guide is the provision of questions for Bible study and topics for discussion. Much of the content of this section of 'Bible Study Books of the Bible' is taken from the The Bible Book by Book by J.B. Tidwell and is an ideal resource for use in Bible Study groups conducting Zephaniah Bible Study.
Zephaniah Bible Study - The Prophet
He is a son of Cushi, a descendant of Hezekiah, and prophesied about 630 B. C. during the reign of Josiah. His prophesies may have aided in inaugurating and in carrying to success the reforms of Josiah. His name means "hid of the Lord" in he is supposed to have been a contemporary of Habakkuk.
Zephaniah Bible Study - The Prophecy
The prophecy seems to be based upon the ravages of the Scythians, whom the nations had come to fear and whom Egypt had bribed, and looks to the judgment of the Lord which cannot be escaped. Its theme, therefore, is "The great day of the Lord" in which suffering will come upon all nations with which the prophet is familiar, Jerusalem and all Judea included. Converts would be won from all parts of the world and these could worship Jehovah, "every one from his place".
Zephaniah Bible Study - Analysis
I. The Coming Day of Wrath. Chapter 1.
1. The destruction of all things, 1-6.
2. The severe punishment of Judah, 7-18.
II. Judgment Upon Evil Nations, 2:1-3:7.
1. A plea for repentance, 2:1-3.
2. The doom that shall engulf the nations, 2:4-end.
3. Judah's obstinacy in sin, 3:1-7.
III. Promised Blessing for the Faithful Remnant, 3:8-20
1. Because of Israel's sin, the nation will be cleansed by punishment and converted to God, 3:3-10.
2. Purified Israel shall be honored in all the earth, 3:11-20.
Zephaniah Bible Study - For Study and Discussion
(1) Gather a list of all that is said to induce repentance or the turning away from evil.
(2) What sins are condemned in Judah and other nations. Make a list of them.
(3) Name the special classes that are condemned, as princes.
(4) Make a list of the blessings promised for the coming Messianic days.
(5) The purpose of the Lord's judgments.
Zephaniah Bible Study - A Free Christian Bible Study Resource
We hope that this Zephaniah Bible Study article will provide useful facts, information and ideas for those following a Bible Study plan. All articles together with tools, activities, aids and materials and are designed to be used by an individual or a Christian Bible study group or adults taking a Bible Study course or Biblical degree. All information on this Zephaniah Bible Study page is free to be used as an educational Christian Bible Study resource.
Zephaniah Bible Study