Zechariah Bible Study Guide
This article contains a Bible Study guide and free resource for lessons on the subject of Bible Study Books of the Bible including this article on Zechariah Bible Study. This page which covers Zechariah Bible Study is suitable for those requiring an outline for Zechariah Bible Study. The facts and information provide an outline for Zechariah Bible Study guide by chapter and verse and the purpose of this book of the Bible. This lesson allows the student to become acquainted with the important content of the verses and chapters of this Book of the Bible. Another feature in this guide is the provision of questions for Bible study and topics for discussion. Much of the content of this section of 'Bible Study Books of the Bible' is taken from the The Bible Book by Book by J.B. Tidwell and is an ideal resource for use in Bible Study groups conducting Zechariah Bible Study.
Zechariah Bible Study - The Prophet
His name means "Remembered of the Lord" and like Haggai he appears to have been among the captives who returned from Babylon with Zerubbabel. He was a co-laborer with Haggai, beginning his work two mouths later and continuing into the second year following him. The conditions of the times were the same as those described in Haggai.
Zechariah Bible Study - The Prophecy
The purpose is the same as that of Haggai. The time of the first eight chapters is that of the rebuilding of the temple while the remaining chapters, 9-14, are thought to have been written thirty years later. It is distinguished for: (1) The symbolic character of its visions. (2) The richness of his Messianic predictions found in the second part. (3) The large place given to angelic mediation in the intercourse with Jehovah.
Zechariah Bible Study - The Contents
The contents have been said to contain: (1) Encouragements to lead the people to repent and reform; (2) Discussions about keeping up the days of fasting and humiliation observed during the captivity; (3) Reflections of a moral and spiritual nature; (4) Denunciations against some contemporary nations; (5) Promises of the prosperity of God's people; (6) Various predictions concerning Christ and his kingdom.
Zechariah Bible Study - Analysis
I. Eight Visions Encouraging the Rebuilding of the Temple, Chapters 1-6. Introduction, 1:1-6.
1. The horseman among the myrtle trees, 1:7-17.
2. The four horns and four carpenters, 1:18-21.
3. The man with the measuring line, Chapter 2.
4. Joshua, the High Priest, and Satan, Chapter 3.
5. The Golden Candlestick, Chapter 4.
6. The Flying Roll 5:1-4.
7. The woman and ephah, 5:5-11 end.
8. The four war chariots, 6:1-8.
Appendix: Joshua crowned as a type of Christ, 6:9-15.
II. Requirement of the Law and the Restoration and Enlargement of Israel, Chapters 7-8.
1. Obedience better than fasting. 7:1-7.
2. Disobedience the source of all their past misery, 7:8-14 end.
3. The restoration and enlargement which prefigure Christ "The Jew," Ch.8.
III. Visions of the Messianic Kingdom. Chapters 9-14.
1. The Messianic King, Chapter 9-10.
2. The rejected Shepherd, Chapter 11.
3. The restored and penitent people, Chapters 12-13.
4. The divine sovereignty, Chapter 14.
Zechariah Bible Study - For Study and Discussion
(1) The symbols and figures used in the several visions.
(2) The different ways of expressing or planning the success of God's people and the overthrow of their enemies.
(3) The discussion of fasting, should they keep it up? What is superior to it? etc.
(4) The promises of these prophesies.
(5) The denunciations and judgments found in the book.
Zechariah Bible Study - A Free Christian Bible Study Resource
We hope that this Zechariah Bible Study article will provide useful facts, information and ideas for those following a Bible Study plan. All articles together with tools, activities, aids and materials and are designed to be used by an individual or a Christian Bible study group or adults taking a Bible Study course or Biblical degree. All information on this Zechariah Bible Study page is free to be used as an educational Christian Bible Study resource.
Zechariah Bible Study