2 Timothy Bible Study - Timothy
He was a native of Lycaonia. His father was a Greek, but his mother and grandmother were Jews, 2 Tim. 1:5. He was taught the scriptures from his very youth, 2 Tim. 3:15, and was probably converted during Paul's first visit to Lystra, Acts 14:8-20. He was ordained as an evangelist 1 Tim. 4:14; 2 Tim. 1:6, and, after Paul's second visit to Lystra. he spent most of his time with Paul, Acts 16:1. He did much valuable service for Paul, and was greatly esteemed by him. Acts 17:14; 18:5; 20:4; Rom. 16:21; 1 Cor. 4:17; 16:10. His name is associated with Paul in writing a number of letters, 2 Cor. 1:1; Phil. 1:1; Col. 1:1. He was pastor at Ephesus and while there received these letters, 1 Tim. 1:3-4. Paul desired to have him with him when death came, 2 Tim. 4:9; 13, 21.
2 Timothy Bible Study - Second Timothy
This letter was written from Rome just before his martyrdom A. D. 67. It was written to further instruct Timothy and to explain his own personal affairs. It is the last letter written by Paul, a sort of last will and testimony and is of great importance as it tells as how he fared just before his death. It is more personal in tone than First Timothy and shows us how very pitiable was his plight in these last days.
2 Timothy Bible Study - Analysis
I. Exhortations to Timothy. 1:6-2 end.
1. To steadfastness in the gospel. 1:6 end.
2. To patient endurance of suffering, 2:1-13.
3. To faithfulness as a pastor, 2:14-26 end.
II. Warnings to Timothy. 3:1-4:5.
1. Concerning the perilous, 3:1-13.
2. Concerning his duties in such times, 3:14-4:5.
III. Paul's View of Death, 4:6-18.
1. His satisfaction and hope at its approach, 6-8.
2. His hope during this loneliness and need, 9-18. Conclusion, 4:19 end.
2 Timothy Bible Study - For Study and Discussion
(1) Paul's condition when he wrote,1:17; 4:7, 13-16; 6:20.
(2) The desire or appeal of 1:4; 3:8; 4:5, 9, 13, 21.
(3) The exhortations to Timothy, 1:6, 7, 13, 14; 2:1-6, 15, 23; 3:14; 4:5.
(4) perilous times to come, Chapter 3.
(5) Paul's view of death, 4:5-22.
2 Timothy Bible Study - A Free Christian Bible Study Resource
We hope that this 2 Timothy Bible Study article will provide useful facts, information and ideas for those following a Bible Study plan. All articles together with tools, activities, aids and materials and are designed to be used by an individual or a Christian Bible study group or adults taking a Bible Study course or Biblical degree. All information on this 2 Timothy Bible Study page is free to be used as an educational Christian Bible Study resource.
2 Timothy Bible Study