1 Peter Bible Study Guide
This article contains a Bible Study guide and free resource for lessons on the subject of Bible Study Books of the Bible including this article on 1 Peter Bible Study. This page which covers 1 Peter Bible Study is suitable for those requiring an outline for 1 Peter Bible Study. The facts and information provide an outline for 1 Peter Bible Study guide by chapter and verse and the purpose of this book of the Bible. This lesson allows the student to become acquainted with the important content of the verses and chapters of this Book of the Bible. Another feature in this guide is the provision of questions for Bible study and topics for discussion. Much of the content of this section of 'Bible Study Books of the Bible' is taken from the The Bible Book by Book by J.B. Tidwell and is an ideal resource for use in Bible Study groups conducting 1 Peter Bible Study.
2 Peter Bible Study
1 Peter Bible Study - The Author
The author was the Apostle Peter, whose name before he became a disciple, was Simon. He was born in Bethsaida and lived in Capernaum where he followed the occupation of fishing. He was brought to Jesus by Andrew, his brother, and became one of the leaders of the Apostles, both before and after Christ's death. His career should be studied as it is found in Acts. He was impetuous, brave and energetic, and after the ascension performed many miracles.
1 Peter Bible Study - Those Addressed
The sojourn of the dispersion (1:1) points to Jewish Christians. They were strangers (sojourners) 1:1, 17; 2:11, who were persecuted, 3:17; 4:12-19, but whose persecution came, not from the Jews, but from pagans, 4:3-4. They had certain faults and wrong tendencies, 2:1, 11, 12, 16; 8:8-12; 4:9; 5:2-3.
1 Peter Bible Study - Purpose
To console them in their suffering, and to exhort them to faithfulness and duty.
1 Peter Bible Study - Date
Probably about 64-68 A. D. Certainly not after 70 A. D., as he was not doubt put to death before then.
1 Peter Bible Study - Analysis
I. Thanksgiving for the Blessing of Grace, 1:3-12.
1. For a living hope and an abiding inheritance, 3-5.
2. For joyful faith during trials, 6-9.
3. For salvation, 10-12.
II. Obligations Growing out of the Blessings of Grace, 1:13-4:19.
1. A right relation of the heart toward God and man, 1:13-2:10.
2. Right conduct in life relations, 2:11-3:12.
3. Right attitude toward suffering, 3:13-4:19 end.
III. Exhortations to Particular Classes, 5:1-9.
Conclusion 5:10 end.
1 Peter Bible Study - For Study and Discussion
(1) Peter's loyalty to Christ. (a) He makes everything depend on Christ, his cross (1:18-19; 2:24; 3:18), his suffering (2:21; 3:18; 4:13), his resurrection (1:3), his manifestation (1:7-13), his exaltation (3:22; 4:11; 5:10). (b) He calls Christ a living stone, 2:4-8. (c) He clings to Christ's teaching, submission to rightful authority (2:13-16), forgiveness of others (4:8; Matt. 18:22), humility (5:5).
(2) The mercy of God our hope 1:3-7. From this passage list what is said of spiritual inheritors and their inheritance.
(3) How to obtain the Christian ideal, 1:13-21.
(4) Spiritual development. 2:1-10.
(5) Various deities of society, 2:13-17; of domestic life 2:18; 3:1, 7; of Christian brotherhood, 1:22, 2:1-5; 3:8-9; 4:8-11; 5:1-5.
(6) The work of the different persons of the Trinity. (7) The words precious, joy and rejoicing, mercy, love and faith.
1 Peter Bible Study - A Free Christian Bible Study Resource
We hope that this 1 Peter Bible Study article will provide useful facts, information and ideas for those following a Bible Study plan. All articles together with tools, activities, aids and materials and are designed to be used by an individual or a Christian Bible study group or adults taking a Bible Study course or Biblical degree. All information on this 1 Peter Bible Study page is free to be used as an educational Christian Bible Study resource.
1 Peter Bible Study